A system of diagnosis and treatment based on the concept that the nervous system coordinates all of the body’s functions, and that disease results from a lack of normal nerve function is known as chiropractic treatment.Modern chiropractic was founded by Daniel David Palmer, a grocer, who performed his first chiropractic adjustment in 1895. The term “chiropractic” is derived from the Greek word “chir-meaning the hand” +”prassein means, to do, meaning, to do with the hands (to manipulate)”.The first college of Chiropractic was funded by Palmer in 1898.
Chiropractic therapy, not only deals with the back and the neck, but it is also beneficial in some other ailments and pains. This therapy helps in pain relief by manual adjustment of nerves and one does not have to be reliant on pills and medicines. This is the prime reason of this therapy, gaining popularity among the people as a pain relief treatment. Jonathan Spages is a renowned clinic for Chiropractic therapy.
There are some benefits of the chiropractic therapy, which will definitely persuade you to try it at least once.
- Improves Immunity: Our immune system acts as a resistance mechanism for the bacteria and the viruses that enter our body. The functions of the cells, tissues and organs are controlled by the nervous system; so even a little issue with it can disrupt the immune system. Chiropractic therapy can help in resolving the problem by aligning the spine and supporting the immune system function and fighting off the germs and bacteria. It has often been observed that people who undertake chiropractic therapy are less prone to cough and cold problems than the ones who do not practice it.
- Bettering Digestion: You will face continuous problems like frequent stomach pains, heartburns, acidity if there is even the slightest misalignment of nerves that run through the spine. Chiropractic therapy can realign the nerves to their usual places, and thus, you can get relief from unbearable stomach aches and heartburns.
- Energy Booster: With chiropractic maintenance, there is an increase in the energy levels. It frees the nerves and allows them to work efficiently, reducing the tension in the spinal cord. This therapy enables you to remove all the pressure that is on you, thus, helping the body to act normally without stress and fatigue.
- Regulates the Blood Pressure Levels: Chiropractic adjustments are highly recommended for an individual, who constantly experiences high levels of blood pressure. A study by WebMD reports that the patients with high blood pressure, who get chiropractic adjustments done to reduce their pain in their upper back and the neck areas have reported stabilized levels of blood pressures. If that’s true than this therapy can very well be considered a valiant substitute for blood pressure medicines.
- Breathe Better: The lungs are also reliant on the nervous system, and the nerve functions just as any of the body part. A misalignment in the mid-cervical and the thoracic regions of spine can lead to asthma. Chiropractic therapy improves the subluxations, helping the lungs to relax and it also reduces the inflammation. When the lungs are relaxed, it improves the respiratory system, which in turn helps in better breathing. Get reliable services from the professional NJ chiropractor Dr. Spages.
- Beneficial in Pregnancy: Women, who practice the chiropractic adjustments, can expect a healthier pregnancy and a normal delivery. The nervous system is highly impacted during pregnancy because a woman’s body goes through a lot of changes during that time. Some of these changes are: the ligaments in the pelvic areas loosen up to help childbirth, and a woman tends to put on some good amount of weight during this time. The increased weight tends to increase the pressure on the spinal cord and the associated nerves. Regular chiropractic care and maintenance is beneficial in ensuring a healthier mother and baby.
Dr Jonathan Spages clinic can be visited by the people, who want the best exponents of this therapy to treat them to get rid of their pain and discomfort.